Kirsten Dunst Reacts to Channing Tatum Admitting He Was 'Intimidated' to Work with Her in "Roofman" (Exclusive) Bailey RichardsOctober 12, 2025 at 9:00 PM 1 Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Channing Tatum and Kirsten Dunst at a special screening of 'Roofman' in New York City on Sept.
- - Kirsten Dunst Reacts to Channing Tatum Admitting He Was 'Intimidated' to Work with Her in "Roofman" (Exclusive)
Bailey RichardsOctober 12, 2025 at 9:00 PM
1
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty
Channing Tatum and Kirsten Dunst at a special screening of 'Roofman' in New York City on Sept. 8 -
Channing Tatum was "so intimidated" to work with Kirsten Dunst before they filmed Roofman together, he told PEOPLE at TIFF
Dunst reacted to Tatum's admission just a couple of days later at a Roofman special screening
The actress also sang her own praises for Tatum, whom she said is "just an anomaly to me"
Channing Tatum was intimidated to act alongside Kirsten Dunst — a fact that she finds "sweet."
Last month, at the 2025 Toronto International Film Festival, Tatum, 45, told PEOPLE that before filming their movie Roofman, he "was so intimidated to work" with Dunst, 43. Just a couple of days later, at a New York City screening of the film, she reacted to her costar's admission.
"That's so sweet," Dunst told PEOPLE at the Sept. 8 screening, held at The Crosby Street Hotel.
The Virgin Suicides actress then revealed her own impression of Tatum prior to their on-screen romance in the Derek Cianfrance-directed true-crime drama, which is inspired by the real-life "Roofman," Jeffrey Manchester.
Ryan Emberley/Getty
Channing Tatum and Kirsten Dunst at TIFF on Sept. 6, 2025
"I had loved him in so many movies, and he's just an anomaly to me, all the facets of who he is," she said of Tatum. "And he's such a genuine person. He's such a kind guy. And he's so talented."
"And I'm just really excited for people to see him in this movie, in this role," Dunst added of her costar, who plays the titular convict. "I'm just so proud of him, and Derek, and I really love this group so much."
Plus, she shared her favorite Tatum roles — returning the favor after the actor told PEOPLE at TIFF that his favorite Dunst movie is 1994's Interview with the Vampire. "I loved Foxcatcher and 21 Jump Street," the actress said. "Those two are my faves."
While speaking with PEOPLE at the world premiere of Roofman at TIFF, Tatum raved about Dunst after revealing that her breakout role as child vampire Claudia in the '90s Anne Rice adaptation is his favorite.
"Everything she's ever done, I've been obsessed with," he said of the actress before admitting that it made him a bit nervous to join forces in Roofman, which sees the pair's characters fall in love.
John Lamparski/WireImage
Channing Tatum and Kirsten Dunst at a New York City screening of 'Roofman' on Sept. 8, 2025
"I was so intimidated to work with her — and when I say intimidated, I was afraid. I just wanted her to like me," the Magic Mike star said with a laugh. "I was like, 'Please like me!' "
Based on a true story, the Cianfrance-directed film follows Jeffrey (Tatum), a "former Army Ranger and struggling father who turns to robbing McDonald's restaurants by cutting holes in their roofs, earning him the nickname: Roofman," according to an official synopsis.
— sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
Specifically, it follows the period after he escaped prison, in which he secretly lived "inside a Toys 'R' Us for six months, surviving undetected while planning his next move," per the synopsis.
"But when he falls for Leigh (Dunst), a divorced mom drawn to his undeniable charm, his double life begins to unravel, setting off a compelling and suspenseful game of cat and mouse as his past closes in."
Cianfrance, 51, sang the praises of not only Dunst and Tatum, but every actor in the Roofman cast — which also includes Peter Dinklage, LaKeith Stanfield, Ben Mendelsohn, Juno Temple and Uzo Aduba — at the N.Y.C. special screening.
Davi Russo/Paramount Pictures
Channing Tatum and Kirsten Dunst in 'Roofman'
"I mean, I'm very blessed because all of the actors in this movie are a collection of my favorite people," the Blue Valentine director told PEOPLE. "I feel like when you make a movie, it's kind of making a mixtape or making a playlist: 'Here's what I like and here's my taste in music.' "
"When I was in high school, I didn't like cool people. I hated the cool kids. I liked all the misfits. Those were my people," Cianfrance continued. "And I feel like I was the Island of Misfit Toys with LaKeith and Juno and Ben Mendelsohn and Uzo and Peter and Channing and Kirsten. They're all like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."
Added Cianfrance: "They're all one-of-a-kind people, and they broke the mold with all of them, and it's just a dream come true to work with all those people. Better than building a toy store was just to play with all those actors."
Roofman arrives in theaters Oct. 10.
on People
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: ShowBiz MAG
Full Article on Source: ShowBiz MAG
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities